Tagging survey from Baruch College
I have receieved an email from two faculty members at the Statistics and Computer Information Systems department of the Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College in New York city. These professors are working on a project about tagging communities trying to understand the motivation for users to join and contribute to tagging web sites.
They have asked me to get as many Netvouz users as possible to take a survey to help them with their work. If you have some time to spare then take the survey here.
If you are not a Netvouz user, then please do not take the survey at this link.
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Tagging survey from Baruch College
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Netvouz rated as the best!
We may not be the biggest, but according to this social bookmarking services review Netvouz ends up being the number one, the most ideal social bookmarking service.
After an email to the reviewer above to point out existing features Netvouz scored two additional "points" on this reviewers requirements list. The blog post is also updated with some new Netvouz screenshots. Take a look here.
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Clear, clean, close!
Today I added three more features to Netvouz (this was a quick release, huh?):
- Clear cookies - if you're on a public computer (such as in a library) you may want to clear the Netvouz browser cookies before you leave to be 100% certain no one else can log on to your bookmarks. At least I want.
- Clean account - let's you delete all bookmarks, folders and tags in one sweep. Use it when you have messed up your account and want to start over.
- Close account - delete everything and close your Netvouz account. Why would anyone want to do that?
I also changed the color of the folder fold-out menu from boring gray to a fancier yellow :-) It gives much better contrast against the white background.
Next up are some major improvements to the Link Validator (which has been offline for way too long now) and the Broken Links Manager (which most of you have never seen). It's gonna be state of the art among all social bookmark managers! Looking forward? Well I do!
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Simplified bookmark management
Today I've installed a new version of Netvouz. It has taken some time, but now it's finally here. This new version makes it even easier to manage and organize your bookmarks and to move them between your folders. I don't know for sure, but I think Netvouz now may have the strongest features for managing bookmarks among all online bookmark managers. What do you think?
Here are the major new features:
- When in edit mode there's now a new bookmark admin bar on the top (just below the Netvouz > username > ... navigator). This bar allows you to select bookmarks and then to batch edit them, delete them or move them to a new folder. If you select move there's a new fold-out menu with all your folders. Just select the target folder and the bookmarks you selected are moved to it. Public folders are shown in blue and private in green, just as usual. It really makes moving bookmarks around a breeze.
- In edit move, above each bookmark are now icons to edit or delete the bookmark. I'm working on an enhanced version with a move to folder icon with a fold-out menu as well, but due to performance reasons I did not release it in this version.
- Categories have been renamed folders!
- When logging on the checkbox now says "Remember me" and is checked by default instead of "Do NOT remember me" (which was kind of awkward...)
- Minor changes to the way folders are shown in the navigator bar.
- Plus the usual 50 or so internal improvements that you never actually see....
Next release will include improvements to the fold-out menus, options to clean up an account and some other goodies.